COMPETITION RULES & DETAILS
The kickoff is on a Monday. After that...
Each participant must weigh in each Tuesday between 7:00am and 8:00pm.
If you need to make special arrangements to weigh in on Mondays instead, please contact a TFWC 2018 volunteer.
Weight is kept confidential and is not shared with anyone, including team members.
Please do not ask us about your teammates.
DISQUALIFICTATION / DROPPING OUT
Participants may be disqualified for the following:
- Losing more than 22% of his/her weight
- Missing four consecutive weigh ins
- Missing more than six weigh ins total during the competition
- Pregnancy (Will be treated as if they never signed up as long as team roster remains at 3+ people)
- Any surgery resulting in significant weight loss
- Unhealthy weight loss practices if discovered
A participant may drop out, but the following applies:
- Team members cannot be added/replaced after January 16th.
- Team members may drop out by January 19, 2018 without penalizing the rest of the team. For anyone that drops out, their points will not be calculated into the team’s total as long as they drop out by this date. It will be like they were never on your team to start with.
- Teams must have a minimum of 3 people to remain eligible for team prize considerations. If a team roster falls below 3 people, the remaining members will only be eligible for any individual prizes.
There will be no refunds given.
PAYMENT PER POUND GAINED
In addition to the registration fee, participants are encouraged to donate $1 to Relay for Life for every pound gained above the their last weigh in. Submit payment to any TFWC 2018 volunteer as needed.
All Team Fitness competitors have the opportunity to exercise at Tifton Fitness & Wellness Center for no extra charge throughout the competition during these times:
This does not include access to the pool. If you would like to utilize the pool or exercise at our facility more frequently or at different times, you will need to become a member.
This limited membership does not include friends/family. Please do not bring anyone that is not a TFWC participant, including children.
Memberships are regularly $33 per month. However, for the months of January, February, and March, TFWC competitors may join with no orientation fee and receive $5 off each month’s dues ($28 per month). Memberships are on a month-to-month basis and do not require a contract.
WINNING THE COMPETITION
Winning teams will be determined based on number of points.
Individuals can earn points throughout the competition in a number of ways. Those points go to his/her team. At the end of the 10 weeks, the top teams that earn the most posts will be awarded cash prizes. If enough contestants enter the competition, a third place team will be awarded.
The male and female losing the largest percent of weight will each be awarded a cash prize. The individual category will not be based on points.
Cash prize amounts will be determined based on the number of participants.
Refer to the website after each weigh in for current team standings.
Participants earn points throughout the competition. See how here.
ACCOUNTING FOR DIFFERING TEAM SIZES
In order to compensate for teams of different sizes, we will divide the team’s total points by the number of individuals on the team to find the average number of points earned per contestant. This number will then be multiplied by 6. In other words, this will allow for teams that only have 3 to 5 individuals to be on an level playing field with teams that have more members.